4 hours 45 minutes ago
Holy Week in a box with the Hart-Perkins
WFUMC INFO FOR MARCH 26
WFUMC has moved online. If you choose to participate in any in-person service or ministry, please use best practices in hand washing, disinfecting touched surfaces, and social distancing.
Live streaming links: For 10 AM Sunday Services
You will note that the Order of Worship is attached for your convenience.
To provide an offering during this time, you may go to https://wfumc.breezechms.com/give/online. Or mail your offering to PO Box 36 Mount Vernon, VA 22121. If your gift is set up through bill pay please be sure you have changed our address to our PO Box: Washington Farm UMC, PO Box 36, Mt Vernon, VA 22121-0036.
*March 26 Update from Pastor Christina
We will not be having in person worship this coming Sunday, March 29th and April 5th. The live streamed worship will be Sunday mornings at 10:00.
If you or someone in your household becomes ill, please let me know so we can support you. Although we are apart physically, your wellbeing both physically and emotionally is ever on my heart and mind.
Ways to connect together during this time:
• Pastor Christina will be continuing our Lenten Soup and Bread devotions at 6:30 on Wednesday evenings both via facebook and our website.
• Devotions and prayer twice weekly. Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10:00, we will have a devotion and time of prayer. (Zoom Phone number: 301-715-8592 use Meeting ID: 512 615 779, You do not need a participant ID…just press # when asked)
• Virtual Sunday School for all ages– A huge thank you to our Sunday School teachers for navigating new waters to keep connecting with our community. All Sunday School Classes are being held online at 11 am. If you have not received a link to a class, have any questions, or trouble with the technology please contact Sam at email@example.com or 571.276.9041.
• *Instead of our Easter Egg Hunt, please consider purchasing a bag of 12 pre-filled and pre-packaged Easter eggs from the church for $5 and have them delivered to a neighborhood family. Please email Sam Barnes at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions or would like to participate.
Spring Luncheon – Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, our Spring Luncheon at The Fairfax on April 19th has been cancelled. You probably anticipated that. I regret that I told you to put that “in ink” on your calendar, but it is the right decision.
May Yard Sale – The decision on holding the yard sale has not yet been made, but it’s not too promising. Nevertheless, this is absolutely the perfect time to prepare for the yard sale, whenever we have it. How often have we lamented “if I could just find the time” to purge your closet of clothes, collect all kitchen items that you don’t use, open those boxes in the attic or basement that have been taped up for years, etc. Well, our time has arrived! Like it or not, if it’s one thing we have during this quarantine, it’s TIME. Place items in a special area to be donated to the yard sale Be safe, stay healthy…we will get through this!
*Thank You from Rising Hope. 172 food items (cans, boxes, bags, and packages) left in the Narthex were delivered on Tuesday of this week. If you wish to drop off more food donations, we will them to deliver to Rising Hope. Sy
*Are you healthy, under 65, and would like to have a way to help your neighbors? Consider printing the attached “Need Help?” flyer, filling it out, and delivering it to a few neighbors.
*The ROCK program via the Elks Club will be closed through the end of March. We will do our best to let everyone know.
Information on how to help our community partners such as New Hope Housing, Good Shepherd, Rising Hope UMMC, etc. is on our website under the COVID-19 tab.
Lenten Schedule 2020
* Live Streamed Lenten Study Wednesday at 6:30PM for next week
* Live streamed April 5 – Palm Sunday Services at 9 AM and 11 AM
* Live streamed April 8 – Holy Wednesday Service 7 PM
* Live streamed April 10 – Good Friday Service 12 Noon
(TBD) April 12 – Easter Sunday Services at 7 AM with Communion;
9 AM and 11 AM Easter Cantata;
11 AM Confirmation included in the service. Will be a bit longer service.
SAVE THE DATE! Dominion Brass Concert to raise funds for rising Hope Mission Church will be held On May 3, from 3 PM to 4:30 PM at Aldersgate UMC.