WFUMC INFO FOR APRIL 2
*In case you have been looking for me, I am now working out of my home office. Thanks to Hannah Perkins and her mother, for assisting me in getting my computer moved to my car. The church office phones are forwarded to my cell phone. You also can continue sending email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Pastor Christina will continue to be in the office daily, except for Friday, which is her day off.
*We are moving the Rising Hope Donation Basket/Box to the porch on the second story of the Education building. With the sanctuary now locked, 24-7, we needed to provide drop off outside.
*You will be receiving an email that we are calling the Holy Week Blast the end of this week. It will give the schedule of the innovative ways that Pastor Christina and Sam Barnes have come up with to help us participate in Holy Week.
WFUMC has moved online. If you choose to participate in any in-person service or ministry, please use best practices in hand washing, disinfecting touched surfaces, and social distancing.
Live streaming links: For 10 AM Sunday Services
The Order of Worship is attached for your convenience. It will also be accessible on the Web Site Sunday morning. You will find it at the bottom of this screen. Click on it and you can read or print it from there.
*GIVING – While our ministry, programs and access certainly are different than a few days ago, the life of the church continues as do our obligations. WFUMC always has been generous with gifts and donations for our church, and to support our local outreach and connectional ministries. Also, the costs associated with staff, maintenance, insurance, utilities and the like continue. Please consider all these needs as you look at your giving plans. You can mail donations to WFUMC, PO Box 36, Mt. Vernon, VA, 22121-0036, or give online. If you have any questions about online giving, please call or email Bob Enck: 571-329-5940, email@example.com
*April 2 Update from Pastor Christina
We will not be having in person worship until further notice. The notice will be very noticeable, as we will be extremely excited. Live streamed worship will be Sunday mornings at 10:00.
*This Sunday in lieu of handing out palms we are inviting you to provide your own greenery. Cut a branch of what is green in your yard or make a palm branch out of paper. After worship, use the branches for this idea from the Missionaries of the Holy Spirit to put a branch on the door of our house or on the window to be connected as we enter into the Holiest of Weeks.
If you or someone in your household becomes ill, please let me know so we can support you. Although we are apart physically, your wellbeing both physically and emotionally is ever on my heart and mind.
Ways to connect together during this time:
• Pastor Christina will be continuing our Lenten Soup and Bread devotions at 6:30 on Wednesday evenings both via facebook and our website.
• Devotions and prayer twice weekly. Tuesday and Thursday mornings at 10:00, a devotion and time of prayer. (Zoom Phone number: 301-715-8592 use Meeting ID: 512 615 779, You do not need a participant ID…just press # when asked)
• Virtual Sunday School for all ages– All Sunday School Classes are being held online at 11 am. If you have not received a link to a class, have any questions, or trouble with the technology please contact Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org or 571.276.9041.
• *Please consider purchasing a bag of 12 pre-filled and pre-packaged Easter eggs from the church for $5 and have them delivered to a neighborhood family. Email Sam Barnes at email@example.com if you have questions or would like to participate.
*May Yard Sale has been cancelled. With Governor Northam’s recent executive order requiring Virginians to stay at home until June 10th, we must sadly cancel our Spring Yard Sale. Nevertheless, keep cleaning out and accumulating your treasures to donate to the church because we WILL have a yard sale in October and we want it to be bigger and better than ever! In addition to selling our famous chili (thank you, Doris) hot dogs and drinks, we’d like to add baked goods to the menu, so be thinking what delicious treats you would like to bring.
Information on how to help our community partners such as New Hope Housing, Good Shepherd, Rising Hope UMMC, etc. is on our website under the COVID-19 tab.
Lenten Schedule 2020
* Live Streamed Lenten Study Wednesday at 6:30PM for next week
* Live streamed April 5 – Palm Sunday Services at 10AM
* On Zoom, April 9 – Holy Thursday Service 6 PM, we will share a meal via Zoom. https://zoom.us/j/2608793313 Meeting ID: 260 879 3313 Password: 1965
* Live streamed April 10 – Good Friday Service 12 Noon
*Live streamed April 12 – Easter Sunday Services at 10 AM
*The Dominion Brass Concert to raise funds for rising Hope Mission Church has been postponed. We do not have a new date for it.